• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Code Documentation Tools?

This topic is 4351 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey everyone, can one of you guys tell if there are any tools that make code documentation easier? I am working on a project with 3 other guys and it would be great if there were a tool that we could use to document our code in the way that when ever we add a new class we add it to the tool and describe what functions it has and so on. So far we are planning to do the documentation in a word document but i thought i would ask you guys if there is anything better that we could use. Thx a lot in advance! Rozik

Advertisement
I was just about to suggest Doxygen, but njkt got there before me. Good choice as it is in pure easy to understand HTML (or you can document it in PDF!) and it shows and organises your classes in documents. It makes it so easy to follow if theres a bug in your code by just looking at your classes. You can use it with most programming languages. It has helped me since i adopted it back two months ago. Download, Install, follow instructions carefully and you will never go without it...

Doxygen doxygen doxygen doxygen.

I actually hardly ever actually run doxygen, but when you start commenting in the way that you should so doxygen can generate documentation, you make all your comments much cleaner and easier to understand.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement