• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Hot_Tamalle

Confused about these definitions.

This topic is 4439 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, Can anyone please tell me the difference b/w 1) Game Simulator 2) Game Engine 3) Game Prototyping tool 4) Game Agent I've googled all of these terms but i can't really understand what divides them. Any help will be okay. Thank you.

Advertisement
I'll give it a shot.

A game simulator is a computer simulation of a game in the physical world. For example, checkers.

A game engine is a collection of components that powers a video game without regard to the contents of the game, just as two different types of automobiles might have the same engine. This overview might help: Game Engine Anatomy 101, Part I.

A game prototyping tool is a development tool used to build a prototype of a game, that is, the first draft of a game. Here's a list of various gamedev tools: Prototyping a Video Game.

A game agent is an object in the game that performs some action, for example, a monster that attacks the player. Here's a discussion of an approach to coding them: State-Driven Game Agent Design.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!