My FIRST Ever Game!! Ace of Bases 1.0

Started by
8 comments, last by MattMcFarland 18 years ago
ACE OF BASES Version 1.0 Matthew A McFarland This is my first ever completed game, and I did it in 24 hours! The game could probably use a lot of additions, but I really wanted to see what I could do in 24 hours. It was written in BlitzMAX and I had a blast making it! It's a cross between Missile Command and a Vertical SHmUP!! Please Download this and let me know what you think of it!! HOW TO PLAY Protect the white BASES at all costs! Click the Left Mouse Button to launch a Rocket, if you click it again it'll explode and destroy any enemies and their weapons! Hold down the Right mouse Button to use your machine gun! It is much faster than the rocket but it is much weaker. It can be used to knock enemies out of the sky!! HAVE FUN!!! CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD - 2.23 MB (2,347,849 bytes)
--------------------------------Royalty-Free Music for your games including freeware games for you to enjoy!www.mattmcfarland.com
Advertisement
Nice game! It really got tough around level 7. Lots of fun :) The explosions when you kill a ship are nice to watch, also. How many levels are there?

Great job on your first game!
Thanks for playing!

Well the levels will go on to infinity, after level 7 it just does the same level over and over again but it increases the amount of enemies and makes them appear faster and faster until eventually it would be impossible. I'm not too sure if I'll continue developing on this because I called it a 24 hour project. But I might!! I am thinking about changing a few things.. Not too sure though!! Thanks for playing! :D
--------------------------------Royalty-Free Music for your games including freeware games for you to enjoy!www.mattmcfarland.com
Update! (use same link)

- Added Level Select
- Added Group Attacks after Level 8
It looks pretty! How long did it take you make?
Just wanted to say that I like the name of your game.
I saw the sign... LOL

Thanks guys :D I'm getting the most feedback here and I'm glad people are playing it and stuff..

Well, the game took me a few minutes over 23 man-hours to design.
* Increased Machine Gun FireRate
* Changed levels a bit
* Added GamePad Support
* Added Source Code ( www.shmup-dev.com/AOB/AoB_src.zip )

Redownload at the same link as provided on the first post in this topic or: www.shmup-dev.com/AOB/AoB.zip
Loved the title.
Loved the music.
Loved the EXPLOSIONS!

Seriously, excellent work.
Play my Crappy Games:Stantonia.com
Thanks for playing man! :D

I'm thinking about adding a few more things to the game, not sure if I will though!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement