• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
donjonson

how do I deal with libraries conflicting with other libraries?

This topic is 4618 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I tried making my own simple test lib and it comlies fine. but when I try to use it I get a bunch of linker errors. I believe it has to do with libraries conflcting with other libs. for example
MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
MSVCRT.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRT' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
why is this happening and how do i fix it? [Edited by - Run_The_Shadows on March 28, 2006 10:17:05 PM]

Advertisement
Take a look at this page.

Basically what's happening is you're trying to use libraries intended for either Debug/Release or Single-Threaded/Multi-Threaded for a build which does not meet that criteria (i.e. using Debug libraries for a Release build). That link should tell you which ones you'll need to ignore or not ignore. If that doesn't help, I'll explain some more...

Edit: ack, link copied wrong; try now.

thanks that helped me alot!!

prettymuch I ignored every lib that was causing a linker error. That allowed it to compile and it runs ok but will that always be the case if I just ignore every "squeaky" lib?

Quote:
Original post by donjonsonprettymuch I ignored every lib that was causing a linker error. That allowed it to compile and it runs ok but will that always be the case if I just ignore every "squeaky" lib?
You should ignore the library if you know you don't need it for a particular build. That link I provided tells you all the libraries which can be ignored, and I would suggest ignoring all the ones you don't need because... you don't need them... heh, plus it reduces the size of the executable.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!