• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
jchmack

deployment problems

This topic is 4616 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

ive been trying to get my app to work on another computer beside mine. And im having little luck. I used VC2005 to develop it and ive tried a ton of things that ive heard will solve it and im running out of ideas... Well on the last bet that both my friends computer as well as my second computer both have something strange going on im going to upload my app onto rapidshare: http://rapidshare.de/files/16676955/game3install.zip.html it should just be a quick install. Its just a basic scene done in ogre3d. To uninstall just go to control panel -> add/remove programs. im almost sure that it has nothing to do with me developing with VS2005 since ive succsessfully ran all types of apps on my second computer that were developed in VS2005. Ive installed the app 3 ways: WIX / VC2005 deployment package / the bootsrapper i downloaded of raicuandi and all of them have the same result. Im sure that ive installed directx9.0c on my second comp. If you can run my app PLEASE tell me lol.

Advertisement
Did you include the latest C++ runtime files? Reason I ask is several developers seem to forget that. The redistribution documentation should walk you through that.

Quote:
Original post by nullsmind
Did you include the latest C++ runtime files? Reason I ask is several developers seem to forget that. The redistribution documentation should walk you through that.

the installer should be using a merge module which would install the x86 redist.

and as for downloading the file im not sure why rapidshare would do that. Do u know a better filehosting site?

To download the file you must click 2-3 buttons then wait (like 10 sec.).

jchmack: the download size is 28 MB. I'd put a warn about this to prevent people getting annoyed after all the time they spend trying to get to your download.

[EDIT] The engine run fine. I got 30 FPS on my ancient videocard, this is quite irrelevant though, With a development machine I have runtimes your users might not have.

[Edited by - Calin on March 29, 2006 11:58:08 AM]

Quote:
Original post by Calin
To download the file you must click 2-3 buttons then wait (like 10 sec.).

jchmack: the download size is 28 MB. I'd put a warn about this to prevent people getting annoyed after all the time they spent trying to get to your download.

[EDIT] The engine run fine. I got 30 FPS on my ancient videocard, this is quite irrelevant though, With a development machine I have runtimes your users might not have.

thanx alot im glad to know it works somewhere =)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!