• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Simulated Annealing - Initial Temperature Question

This topic is 4438 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have written a SA algorithm and am wanting the program the algorithm so that it can calculate a suitable initial temperature. Now, I know what the maximum difference between one solution and another can be i.e. 0 - optimal fitness. Say the optimal fitness if 67, then the biggest difference is -67. I have used the following formula to find the initial temperature (X) so that any new solution can be accepted: X = -67/ln(0.99) The number of iterations at each temperature starts at one and increases by one at the next temperature. Say my cooling factor i use is 0.8 which generates the next temperature that will be cooler than the current temperature. Does this seem to be a sensible setup for a SA algorithm? Cheers

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!