• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Anyone know about this free online Game programming course?

This topic is 4349 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

->>>http://www.gameprogramming.org/index.html I have already applied but I just want to know if anyone else know about this? It looks like a pretty good opotunity for beginner like me :) PS Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

Advertisement
Its free, so I wont tell you what you should and should not do. But this seems sort of, juvenile. An attempt to partake in the growing game development training industry by, what I assume is, either kids or foreigners who can not spell nor use proper english. But hey, they tell you that in their statement. Personally, I think youd be better off going through the motions yourself and reading up on a subject till you think youve got it. Read, Read Code, Code. Im willing to bet that if you spent the ammount of time browsing articles and this forum, you will most likely learn more than participating in this "course". Again, its free, and I havent looked into it that much, so by al means try it and report back to us on whether or not its worthy of notice.

Regards

It's free, so try it out and tell everyone how it goes. If it looks like it sucks, stop doing it and learn some other way. If it works out, it was free, and you can tell the rest of us.

I used to joined course. It is pretty good course because we can communicate with other students. month later the course was down. However, I do some things from that course even it is not complete.

I'm glad they start it again.

invisal, can you tell me what was it like? I'm quite new with online course, never do one before :)

Each week they will upload lesson about C++ with some assignments. you have to do assigment and send it to them before next lesson. they will give you point and give review. there is small forum where you can talk to other student.

(when I was in that class, I opened small learning team with students there)

Since it's free, I think I might try it as well. If it goes well, I'll definitely post here to promote it. And if not, well, I'll quit - it's not like I'll lose anything.

Quote:
Bovine13
Since it's free, I think I might try it as well. If it goes well, I'll definitely post here to promote it. And if not, well, I'll quit - it's not like I'll lose anything.

Unless you sign away your soul.

Quote:
Original post by simon10k
Quote:
Bovine13

Unless you sign away your soul.

There's always a catch. Darn their lawyers with their fine print!

Quote:
Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Quote:
Original post by Tutukun
Game Programming Free Class Website
I have already applied but I just want to know if anyone else know about this? It looks like a pretty good opotunity for beginner like me :)

PS Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this

Fixed link for the lazy.

Man! I already copied and pasted it. Where were you when I needed you?! Ahhhhh!!

I love that this sentence has a grammar mistake:

"If you're looking for a perfect lesson with no english mechanical mistakes (aka grammar mistakes etc...) or code error free, then you're in the wrong place."

That 'code error free' part is incorrect. If you remove the first part, it makes no sense: "If you're looking for a perfect lesson with code error free..." It might need to be hyphened, too, but I'm not sure.

Well, it doesn't look 1st class to me, but it might be worth it. Overall, I see little reason to use this over a good tutorial, or even better, a book.

Quote:
Original post by Ezbez
I love that this sentence has a grammar mistake:

"If you're looking for a perfect lesson with no english mechanical mistakes (aka grammar mistakes etc...) or code error free, then you're in the wrong place."

That 'code error free' part is incorrect. If you remove the first part, it makes no sense: "If you're looking for a perfect lesson with code error free..." It might need to be hyphened, too, but I'm not sure.

It should be "error free code", not "code error free".

I for one think that this might be OK, but then again, it might be a complete waste of my time. Since it's free, I'm going to give it a shot. It could be good, but then again, it might just be 5-6 really bored 15 year old kids who decided that they would teach their "l337 pr0gr4mming sKiLlZ" to the world. But I'm not going to bash it until I try it.

Mind sending me the e-mail so i can see what it looks like? Thanks. kevtimc@yahoo.com

The sentance is already quoted, but here it is again:

Why would you want to work with broken code and assignments given in broken english? The site itself just reeks of amature design. But then, it is free... I think that may be because they wouldn't be able to charge for it. ;)

When there's a host of error-free code and english tutorials available at no cost, I'd probably just go with some of those (or relatively error free in some cases)

Ideally invest in a good book. 70 bucks or so takes you a long way.

Quote:
Original post by M2tM
The sentance is already quoted, but here it is again:

Why would you want to work with broken code and assignments given in broken english? The site itself just reeks of amature design. But then, it is free... I think that may be because they wouldn't be able to charge for it. ;)

Cause it's free, haha.

Guest Anonymous Poster
You have to download an application to participate? Hmmm... sounds like a trojan to me. I was going to apply until I saw that. Has anyone downloaded it? What is it exactly, and why couldn't the course be delivered through the web?

Call me paranoid.

Quote:
Original post by Anonymous Poster
You have to download an application to participate? Hmmm... sounds like a trojan to me. I was going to apply until I saw that. Has anyone downloaded it? What is it exactly, and why couldn't the course be delivered through the web?

Call me paranoid.

It's just a word document, you fill out an application and e-mail it.

Quote:
Original post by M2tM

Them:
"So, nwo u liek has had have 2 pay us liek mooooneyyy because liek we teech u 'n' stuf riteee....."
and so on....

thats when they'd try charging you. :D lol

people please stop talking shit, wait until we see what the course is like. If its good then much appreciato to those guys who run the course, if not then we can just leave it's free after all.

and

Quote:

Call me paranoid.

Its a freaking doc file for godsake. WTF is your problem? at least look at what it is before you whine. If they can make a trojan out of a doc file then yeah I want to learn from them

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement