Anyone know about this free online Game programming course?

Started by
31 comments, last by kevtimc 18 years ago
->>>http://www.gameprogramming.org/index.html I have already applied but I just want to know if anyone else know about this? It looks like a pretty good opotunity for beginner like me :) PS Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this
Advertisement
Its free, so I wont tell you what you should and should not do. But this seems sort of, juvenile. An attempt to partake in the growing game development training industry by, what I assume is, either kids or foreigners who can not spell nor use proper english. But hey, they tell you that in their statement. Personally, I think youd be better off going through the motions yourself and reading up on a subject till you think youve got it. Read, Read Code, Code. Im willing to bet that if you spent the ammount of time browsing articles and this forum, you will most likely learn more than participating in this "course". Again, its free, and I havent looked into it that much, so by al means try it and report back to us on whether or not its worthy of notice.

Regards
We have youth, how about a fountain of smart.e4 e5 f4 d5
It's free, so try it out and tell everyone how it goes. If it looks like it sucks, stop doing it and learn some other way. If it works out, it was free, and you can tell the rest of us.
I used to joined course. It is pretty good course because we can communicate with other students. month later the course was down. However, I do some things from that course even it is not complete.

I'm glad they start it again.
DinGY
Yesterday is history.Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift"
invisal, can you tell me what was it like? I'm quite new with online course, never do one before :)
Each week they will upload lesson about C++ with some assignments. you have to do assigment and send it to them before next lesson. they will give you point and give review. there is small forum where you can talk to other student.

(when I was in that class, I opened small learning team with students there)
DinGY
Yesterday is history.Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift"
Since it's free, I think I might try it as well. If it goes well, I'll definitely post here to promote it. And if not, well, I'll quit - it's not like I'll lose anything.
Quote:Bovine13
Since it's free, I think I might try it as well. If it goes well, I'll definitely post here to promote it. And if not, well, I'll quit - it's not like I'll lose anything.

Unless you sign away your soul.
-----------------------------Language: C++API: Win32, DirectXCompiler: VC++ 2003
What the heck, I applied too. [smile]
Quote:Original post by simon10k
Quote:Bovine13

Unless you sign away your soul.

There's always a catch. Darn their lawyers with their fine print!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement