• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Ogretest error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying exe to samples bi

This topic is 4345 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im running visual studio .net 2003 and i used the Ogre3D app creation wizard to make a project for Ogre3D and i get "Ogretest error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Copying exe to samples bin directory ..." as an error, im thouroughly confused... its obviously not a syntax error and all the dependencies on Ogre3D is set right to the lib folder so could some1 give me an idea on at least what this error is about or even how to fix it?

Advertisement
Look at the extra build options. One of them involves copying a program from somewhere to somewhere else. The copy command failed, probably because either the source program or the target directory doesnb't exist.

EDIT: I don't recall where it is in VC2003, but in 2005 it's in Project Settings -> Configuration Properties -> Build Events -> Post Build Step.

See here. The problem is fixable and appears to be caused by having spaces in your path.

Hope that helps,

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement