importing 3D scenes from Excel

Started by
16 comments, last by deadimp 18 years ago
well, I don't really. I've tried it a while back, and the interface is quite spartan. Bear in mind I'm used to Valve's hammer editor for half-life levels. Blender is just totally alien to me, being used with the 4 views of the editer. 3 orthogonal projection views and 1 perspective projection view. I've never really understand why that isn't the interface of choice FOR EVERY 3D MODELLING SOFTWARE. How can anyone even think of doing things any other way? It just baffles me how people manage to use software like blender, bryce, etc. I want precision, big time. So I also rather like the snap to grid feature of shooter level editors :). No offence, but doing 3D modelling "by eye" with only the perspective projection view just doesn't cut it for me. And regarding blender, it's just one orthogonal view, as far as I could make out what I saw.
Advertisement
here's what I was able to do with the WorldCraft editor, back when I was 15. I can't imagine even attempting to do anything similar using blender, bryce or the like.

FighterAirCraft
Maya is the same, but you mentioned it along with 3ds max...
what is the same? the same with what? I think i lost track. well, I've only just tried bryce(demo) and blender. so I'm pretty much out of my league talking about anything else. But anything designed like bryce is, IMHO, useless for precision work. Only suited at somewhat random nature scene creation. Not very much control or precision available in the design process.

[Edited by - sonyafterdark on March 31, 2006 4:18:35 PM]
Blender supports multiple viewports (considering latest version of course).

Move cursor to edge of a viewport, then right-click to choose split. You can assign your viewports to your heart's content (and screen size).

To use snap to grid, hold down ctrl, and you get snap to grid.
aha. Guess I shouldn't have uninstalled it then :D
By the way, how do you fancy the jet? /:)
'Tis fancied quite well.

I'm not sure if this is too valid, but have you looked into Anim8or? I'm not sure if it has the control you're looking for, though, but it seems as though it would with some of the screenshots they post...
Projects:> Thacmus - CMS (PHP 5, MySQL)Paused:> dgi> MegaMan X Crossfire

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement