• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KnyghtMare

Question about textures

This topic is 4612 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'd be very grateful for any assistance. I have a model I've exported from 3DS Max. The model uses some textures. The problem I have is that the textures stretch over the surfaces of the model when rendered by Direct3D. Instead I need the textures to repeat in order to cover the surface. How could I do this please?

Advertisement
(1) What mesh format / exporter are you using? I believe this will indeed work with the .X file format, as it should pre-bake texcoord transformations.

(2) Have you set the UV repeats in the material properties? Or is the problem that it works correctly in Max, but not at runtime?

I believe the mesh is currently exported in plain text format using the panda exporter tool. I've literally just exported the mesh with default settings and tried to use it in Direct3D. I'm hoping that with guidance from here I can either modify the mesh in 3ds max or export it differently.

Quote:
Original post by KnyghtMare
I believe the mesh is currently exported in plain text format using the panda exporter tool. I've literally just exported the mesh with default settings and tried to use it in Direct3D. I'm hoping that with guidance from here I can either modify the mesh in 3ds max or export it differently.

Ah ok. I'd try two things:

- Play around with the texcoord parameters in 3ds Max. Go to your material, then go to your diffuse map. You should see repeat values that you can set so that the texcoords will repeat themselves more or less often.

- Try adding a UV map modifier to your modifier stack, then exporter. Also, collapsing all modifiers just before export may work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!