Quake 2 MD2 v_weap models

Started by
6 comments, last by SippyCup 18 years ago
Does anyone know if there are any free MD2 weapon models? I need the model itself and the v_weap model for first person perspective. So far, I have had no luck. :(
Advertisement
You could check on the modding sites. Most of it might be gone now though. Quake2 was popular... 7 years ago? You'll be digging through a lot of dead links, probably enough to warrant learning how to model yourself :P

Why Quake2? The engine is nothing spectacular today, and the Quake3 engine is free.
MD2 models are easy to load and easy to deal with. MD3's probably are too, but I'd say MD2's are easier. Plus we already wrote an MD2 loader class. We're using MD2 models in a game programming project 'cause we don't have time to do the modeling ourselves. :P
How about converting some models from md3 or whatever else you can find them in with a liberal enough license for you to use them. I'm sure some modeling programs can export to md2. I don't seem to remember THAT much stuff for Quake2 when it was popular, I can't imagine you'd find all that much stuff now.
The challenge therein might be finding a modeling program that one of us knows how to use. :( But I think I can do that.
you can use some other models and then convert them to md2 in milkshape(google for it if you havent heard)
Polycount still has lots:

http://www.planethalflife.com/polycount/
Sweet. Thanks again.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement