• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Using DXUtil

This topic is 4347 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I'm trying to incorporate a timer in my C# code, but i cant seem to use the DXUtil.Timer function. float mytimer = DXUtil.Timer(DirectXTimer.GetAbsoluteTimer); whenever i use the above code i will get an error msg saying cant find DXUtil. Do i use to add some special reference in order to use it(i have already added DirectX & DirectX.Direct3D)? Pls advise.

Advertisement
DXUtil comes in source code form with the DirectX SDK. Download and isntal the SDL if you haven't, then check the examples to find the location of the code (I think it may be in the examples\common\dxutil folder, but don't quote me on that).

Yes that is correct the files are in the common directory in the samples directory in the SDK. But make sure that you select the files that are linked to the release of the MDX system you are using.
If you are using the 1.1 version of MDX (Production release) the dx*.cs files are the ones that you want, but if you are using the MDX2 system (Beta) the files wdx*.cs are the ones that you want.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement