• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
elekis

Subject for my memoir

This topic is 4528 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi all, I m a informatic student who try to finish study . Next year, I have to make my memoir (100 page speaking about a specific subject - in relation with computer of course - ) and I have to find a subjet. "Addicted by construct game (engine, algorithm....) . I looking for a subject in relation with game creator. But I have no Idea. I had ideas on pathfinding (A*) or physics engine . But that 's not enougth clear-cut. (without speaking about 100 pages to fill-in) So I need your help to find a subjet in relation with game. thanks a++

Advertisement
Hello !

I don't know if that's what you're searching for, but you can speak about the evolution
of the graphics algorithms since the time of the NES. You can discuss implementation details,
what was the benefit when the first 3d engine was created, what problems had to be faced and
more importantly: what problems have now to be faced, as the processing power increases, the
algorithms tend to become more and more complicated, their implementation less and less
trivial. Finally, creating games is becoming so complex that is becoming a field where only
the professional survive. Seems a little epic, but it's what's happening. If you're more
concerned about the engines and algorithms try to speak about what changed before and what
will probably change after. Believe me, with this you'll have enough information for hundreds
of pages !

Dunno if it was of any help...but good luck for your memoire.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!