• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
TEUTON

Line Numbers in VC IDE

This topic is 4557 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Yeah, there is an option somehere but I can't remember exactly where.
In VS2005 it's: Tools -> Options -> Text Editor -> C++ (or whatever language you are using) -> General -> LineNumbers

Quote:
Original post by TEUTON
I didn't find any such option in VC6.0
As far as I know, you can't in VC 6. Why on earth are you using it anyway? It's over 8 years old. Why not get a compiler from this century, like VC2005?

Yeah, definately go for 2005 express. I downloaded it a couple of weeks ago, and while it takes some getting used to, it is better.

I suddenly found that I was getting compiler errors on code that had previously worked properly. As I went through it I found that it was all code that hadn't properly conformed to the C++ standard, code that VC++ 6 had just accepted, or in some cases forced me to use the broken version. Everything was fixed for the better.

But:: I just uninstalled VC++ 6 (don't know why I did it after I installed 2005 express instead of before), but I just lost all the file associations for my source code (cpp, header) files. So, I have to try and get that back.

One small thing that annoys me about VC2005 Express is that there's no resource editor. So I have VC2003 installed on a seperate machine for doing any resource editing. Which is a bit of a pain...

I've used VC6, VC2003 and VC2005 Express. There's a big difference between VC6 and either of the other two, in standards compliance, performance and stability.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!