• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Game Ideas

This topic is 4318 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have an idea that i would like to pich at development companies but i don't really know how to go about it. Any help would be appreciated Boc

Advertisement
Without any offence: but a game idea is not worth a single pence. Usually there are more ideas in a company than man-power to realize them.

Sloper's Site FAQ 16

Quote:"I have this great idea for a game, how can i sell it?" "YOU CANNOT!"

I could spout theoriticals all day but take that article to heart. If you have a good idea for a game you are going to have to make it happen through your own hard work.

Boc_est1986, it is great that you have an idea. That's where it all starts. Unfortunately, a lot of people have ideas, and game companies won't pay people for them.

Your best bet would be to make the game yourself. Honestly, it's probably not going to turn out as you're hoping it would, with the latest 3D graphics, professional-quality music, so on and so forth. It never does, especially if it's your first game. However, having one game under your belt will do amazing things to your confidence when it comes to making more games.

everyone has ideas.

however, which category do you fall into?

1. one who does something about it?

2. one who dreams and not do anything about it.

I hope yours is 1. it's a damn tough route, but hey, if you believe it could change the way gaming feels, by all means, do whatever it takes. Cause I'm doing it too. ha ha.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Awesome Game Idea :)

High Concept
Sons of Shadow is a tournament style first person shooter set in near future Tokyo, featuring swift and agile combat between ninjas. The platform is PC, with online/ LAN support, and has a target ESRB rating of teen. It is intended as a junior or senior level student project.
Synopsis
Ninja stars flash and strike like bullets in the office cubicles around you, it’s just another day surviving the cut-throat Yakusa syndicate. You spring onto a wall and rebound back onto your pursuer from above, delivering a fatal slash from your katana. In the near future, talented young assassins claw their way to the top for supremacy. Today’s aspiring Yakusa kingpins start first as humble ninjas, and work their way up. In Sons of Shadow, up to 18 ninja assassins showdown in a spectacular manner from a first person vantage point. Quick, varied attacks come from all angles and deadly swordfights jump from wall to wall, treetop to treetop.
Gameplay
Sons of Shadow builds on the precise controls you might find in a game like Quake III Arena, however the player is offered much more freedom of movement. Unlike most FPS, the game’s focus is not on bigger and better guns, or prettier graphics, but fun agile movement. Ninjas may double jump at any time and have unlimited usage of a grappling hook that allows the player to fly around the arena and latch onto surfaces. By combining the skilled speed of the ninja, grasshopper-like jumping ability, and an innovative grappling hook, players have free reign around the game environments.
At first glance, movement may seem complex, but the game favors a solid and simple control scheme. Upon triggering the grappling hook, it launches out along the HUD crosshairs, and if it connects to a surface within its reach, it reels the player toward that surface. The vantage point automatically shifts outward as soon as the player meets the wall, as to quickly facilitate another jump from the wall, or attacking from a high position. Mastering the grappling hook plays a crucial role in combat, and with a little practice, precise, quick movements, like jumping up and soaring to clutch an individual bamboo stalk become easy.
Each ninja’s primary and most powerful weapon is a katana sword used for close quarters combat. Though fast and frantic, melee combat takes a simple three choice format, similar to paper-rock-scissors. Ninjas may choose between a quick arcing slash attack, blocking with their katana, or a grab/counter throw, with each choice being strong against one decision, but not the other. For example, Ninjas can deflect a slash, but not a throw, and a Ninja could anticipate a throw with a slash. In addition to the katana, ninjas are provided a small arsenal of projectile weapons, such as grenades, flash grenades, and an unlimited supply of ninja stars, which are weak individually, but thrown in a machine gun like fashion. Furthermore, attacks are at home in the air as well as on the ground, since ninjas can amply leap and slash opponents from walls, or barrage enemies with Ninja stars while riding the grappling hook to a wall, for example.
Sons of Shadow features highly stylized graphics, with themes and influences drawn from Asian culture, Manga, and films like Ninja Scroll. Ninjas are not dressed in the usual stealthy costumes but as mobsters, in fashionable black business suits, providing a unique contrast to the traditional weapons they wield. Game environments are diverse, beautiful, and well designed to interface with the superhuman agility offered by its ninja combatants. There are five arenas, including a bamboo grove high atop ocean cliffs and a portside Yakusa warehouse. Players duel high amongst sinewy evergreen trees and while leaping between scaffolding of Tokyo skyscrapers.
Sons of Shadow offers unique and fast-paced action not offered by any other FPS. Easy to learn controls give players superhuman agility as second nature, and a first person vantage point offers an immersive and fun ninja gameplay experience.

It's not impossible, if you have the money? I'm sure anyone would help for a couple of millions :)

Boc_est1986,

Commercial game companies such as EA, Square Enix, etc... will not listen to you for legal reasons. What if they read/listen to your idea and choose to decline it. Later on they may make a game with perhaps some similar twists and you could sue them saying they stole your idea. With this in mind, they just decide to not listen to ideas at all. As other posters have noted, these companies have tons of unused ideas anyways - and most have people hired who can make new ideas if needed.

With that said, not all hope is lost. I do not know straight from the horses mouth so-to-speak (IE, i have not had a game published) but I imagine that indie companies might take your idea. However they have the same legal worries as the big guys so chances are you'd have to either sign over all rights to the story or pay them/be hired by them. They'd at least listen to your idea i'd imagine though.

The other, and most appealing (at least to me and many others on this board) is to create the game by yourself or with the help of a few friends. Notice I said a few friends - GameDev has a Help Wanted board you can post on for help but IMHO you'd be best off getting together a few real life friends around campus or your neighborhood to help out (maybe you know someone who can program a little, for example). You'd get the experience and have a wonderful sense of accomplishment when all is said and done.

Remember: not all stories get made into games. if this one doesn't, don't give up. Keep writing stories and trying - one day you'll finish a game.

if you got the money you still got one day:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Video-Game-Development-Team_W0QQitemZ8278223283QQcategoryZ62053QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement