• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
was2_0

Can I include MASM 6.11 and a linker from MS in my product freely?

This topic is 4437 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I find some ASM book's CD-ROM include MASM and a linker (from MS). so we can include them in our product(software) freely??? Thanks!

Advertisement
You need a permission to include foreign software on a book cd. I know that there's a MASM32-Package available freely and also the 16-Bit-Linker on the official Microsoft site, but I have my doubts that you are allowed to include them into your software when you are making money with it. Why don't you just ask Microsoft?

Guest Anonymous Poster
Define "include".

Quote:
Original post by Jockel
Why don't you just ask Microsoft?

How to ask Microsoft?

"include" meaning put it in my software package.

Thanks!

Quote:
Original post by was2_0
Quote:
Original post by Jockel
Why don't you just ask Microsoft?

How to ask Microsoft?

Going on there website, find some e-mail-adress or telephonenumber, describe what you want to do and if they can help you or if not, ask for some adress / telephonenumber who else could help.
Sounds rather complicated but give it a try...

You could call them, but knowing M$, the anwer is no, but why don't you simply include a link in some html-file directing the users to where to download the required assembler!

Quote:
Original post by Degski
You could call them, but knowing M$, the anwer is no

How can you know that MDollar will say no? I think it's more approbiate to say "knowing how big software companies normally work" or something like that.

Quote:
but why don't you simply include a link in some html-file directing the users to where to download the required assembler!

Seconded.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!