Can I include MASM 6.11 and a linker from MS in my product freely?

Started by
5 comments, last by demonkoryu 18 years ago
I find some ASM book's CD-ROM include MASM and a linker (from MS). so we can include them in our product(software) freely??? Thanks!
Advertisement
You need a permission to include foreign software on a book cd. I know that there's a MASM32-Package available freely and also the 16-Bit-Linker on the official Microsoft site, but I have my doubts that you are allowed to include them into your software when you are making money with it. Why don't you just ask Microsoft?
Define "include".
Quote:Original post by Jockel
Why don't you just ask Microsoft?

How to ask Microsoft?

"include" meaning put it in my software package.

Thanks!
Quote:Original post by was2_0
Quote:Original post by Jockel
Why don't you just ask Microsoft?

How to ask Microsoft?

Going on there website, find some e-mail-adress or telephonenumber, describe what you want to do and if they can help you or if not, ask for some adress / telephonenumber who else could help.
Sounds rather complicated but give it a try...

You could call them, but knowing M$, the anwer is no, but why don't you simply include a link in some html-file directing the users to where to download the required assembler!
Quote:Original post by Degski
You could call them, but knowing M$, the anwer is no

How can you know that MDollar will say no? I think it's more approbiate to say "knowing how big software companies normally work" or something like that.

Quote:but why don't you simply include a link in some html-file directing the users to where to download the required assembler!

Seconded.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement