• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

java eclipse step into

This topic is 4435 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Can I step into a system method?(like System.out.println()) Can I press F3 to get a class or method defination(like press F11 OR F12 in vc) Can I break at exception handle? and more important: how can I get error information and find error detail at compiler and interpreting(run)? in vc I can get error number (Cxxx ,LNKxxx)etc...and I can easily search it in msdn.

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by derek7
Can I step into a system method?(like System.out.println())

No.
Quote:

Can I press F3 to get a class or method defination(like press F11 OR F12 in vc)

Read the eclipse documentation.
Quote:

Can I break at exception handle?

Quote:

and more important: how can I get error information and find error detail at compiler and interpreting(run)? in vc I can get error number (Cxxx ,LNKxxx)etc...and I can easily search it in msdn.

The java compiler's error messages are fairly self-explanatory. They don't have codes that you can look up, but for messages that you don't understand, you can search for the error message text on google and usually find something that will help.

Quote:
Original post by Dave Hunt
Quote:
Original post by derek7
Can I step into a system method?(like System.out.println())

No.

Well, actually, you can if you get ahold of the source code for the library and attach it to the system jars. I wouldn't recommend it, though, because it's complicated and the source might become outdated next time you upgrade your JDK. I've done it just to see if it can be done, and it was a total PITA.
Quote:

Quote:

Can I press F3 to get a class or method defination(like press F11 OR F12 in vc)

I like to use Ctrl-Click to navigate to a class and/or method.
Quote:

Quote:

Can I break at exception handle?

If you have the code wrapped in a try/catch block, you can put your breakpoint inside the catch block.
Quote:

Quote:

and more important: how can I get error information and find error detail at compiler and interpreting(run)? in vc I can get error number (Cxxx ,LNKxxx)etc...and I can easily search it in msdn.

The java compiler's error messages are fairly self-explanatory. They don't have codes that you can look up, but for messages that you don't understand, you can search for the error message text on google and usually find something that will help.

Ah, something we do agree on. The Java compiler has always been nicer to me than any C compiler. The failures are quite descriptive indeed.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!