• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
marc0815

Infrared light, displaylists, fragmentshader

This topic is 4583 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all you opengl-gurus I have a given opengl scenen, with ~100 robots(only cubes) and some walls in it. I want to simulate the infrared sensors of the robots, 6 for each robot. My idea so far: 1. render the scene of the view of the sensor (position, angle, range) and a light source at the sensor position. All obstacles should reflect the "infrared" light, i dont want to reflect white walls with more intensity than black walls. They should just reflect in grey. how can i change the colors? The problem are compiled displaylists. 2. sum the intensity of the resulting pixels. How can i do this best? I think a fragmentshader should be optimal, but unfortunately the fragment shader examples(nvidia-cg-toolkit-1.4.0.4/examples/runtime_ogl_vertex_fragment/demo) do not run on my machine (os:gentoo card:GeForce Ti 4200) the error is: Neither arbfp1 or fp30 fragment profiles supported on this system. what does that mean? Is my card too old? How do i know what is supported by my card. Can i somehow use the vertex shader to sum the pixel? If any ideas for further optimization please tell me. I only need a low resolution, but maybe i can somehow render from several positions parallel. For example if i have a robot with 6 sensors view angle 60° each, i have to render 6 times, or can i better only render once with and angle of 360° and the cut the resulting image into 6 pieces? thanks alot for your answers

Advertisement
Unfortunately, your video card only supports the fp20 profile.

The list here should be helpful.

Reading the vertex and fragment programs for that sample, I think fp20 *should* be okay (it's been a while - the fragment program may need too many instructions). In demo.cpp, try changing CG_PROFILE_FP30 to CG_PROFILE_FP20 in both places.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!