Images included _into_ the .exe?

Started by
13 comments, last by Falken42 18 years ago
Those undefined references are there because you are not linking to the JPEG library. You will need to add "-ljpeg" to your compile line.

As for the warning, I'm not quite sure exactly... however Visual Studio 2005 has something very similar. Personally, I just ignore them, although it says you can disable them with "-Wno-deprecated".
Advertisement
Well, I linked to the jpeg.lib that came with the tutorial, and -ljpeg cannot be found. s:, this is so weird, lol, like the jpeg.lib and header aren't correct...

These line I have at the beginning of my file:

#pragma comment(lib, "libopengl32.a")
#pragma comment(lib, "libglu32.a")
#pragma comment(lib, "add/jpeg.lib")

Decrius
[size="2"]SignatureShuffle: [size="2"]Random signature images on fora
I cant find any jpeg.dll file, that might be the problem...where to get it? Independent Jpeg Group doesn't just says: click _here_ to download all the stuff u need. I cant find anything...

Decrius
[size="2"]SignatureShuffle: [size="2"]Random signature images on fora
Quote:Original post by bpoint
Quote:Original post by WillPash
If you are worried about if someone hacks into your EXE once you have included the images, just use a very good EXE compressor like UPX - The Ultimate Packer for Executables. It not only shrinks your exe by a considerable amount, it will make taking resource files impossible to hack with such tools as ResourceHacker.It definately will guarantee to work.

I guess you aren't aware of the fact that any EXE compressed with UPX can also be uncompressed with it as well? UPX does not protect your EXE from any kind of hacking. It is a compressor -- that is all.

If you still want to try to keep your resources from hacking, then I suggest you implement some kind of encryption. This will at least keep away the casual hackers, but any one who is determined to hack your EXE can and will. No protection is unbeatable.

I guarantee that when i used UPX before several times, you could not use a resource hacker as once you compressed the exe, the resource hacker programs will not recognise any resources and will come up with a prompt that explains that the exe format is invalid in resource editor/hacker. It will not affect the program at runtime. If you want to try it you will see it will work. It never failed whenever i used it. Decrius can try it by pasting the class cpp programs and see if it will work.
Dave 'Kit' Wilson - Reliant Code
Quote:Original post by WillPash
I guarantee that when i used UPX before several times, you could not use a resource hacker as once you compressed the exe, the resource hacker programs will not recognise any resources and will come up with a prompt that explains that the exe format is invalid in resource editor/hacker.

I think you misunderstood me.

I can take your UPX-compressed EXE, and then simply run "upx -d <filename.exe>" to decompress it. Then I can use any resource editor on the decompressed EXE.

Even still, some resource hackers even have a plug-in to directly modify UPX-compressed EXEs. For example, PE Explorer even "has one of the best UPX Unpackers built in." (directly from their website).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement