• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Grattier

[MDX] BoxBoundProbe + RotationYawPitchRoll

This topic is 4521 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi! I was doing a BoxBoundProbe but now, my object rotate using RotationYawPitchRoll... How can i ajuste my BoxBoundProbe ???? Can i affect a transformation on ly localDirection vector?? something like that :| .. or maybe the only way is to use a Temp Mesh for Picking test.. thanks for help a+

Advertisement
You can't change the coordinates of the box to rotate according to your mesh - you'd have to expand the box so that it became a new bounding box. It's not difficult, but it's unlikely to be accurate nor fast...

Instead, I would give some thought to changing the ray position and direction. I've not double-checked it, but if you multiply the ray position by the world transform they should be in the same coordinate spaces again - thus checking on the original box (with modified ray) will be correct.

hth
Jack

Ok yeah i tried it already but it don't seem to work.. i'll try to draw the Ray so I can see what happen...

Thanks a+

I can't get it work... any idea how it should work???

I draw my Ray and it don't look like It should.. i tried many way but nothing work..

Need Help Please !!

thanks a+

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!