• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
theoneatj

Creating Tube!!

This topic is 4524 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How to produce a graphical representation of a "elastic sided tube" or EST (for want of a better description!). The EST is created by connecting two end frames together using an elastic material to form a tube. The two end frames are made from a thin wireframe. Each student will be allocated different shaped end frames, so for example you may be told to use a square at one end and a circle at the other. So then the elastic material is glued to the square frame at one end and stretched to attach to the circle at the other end. This will then produce a hollow tube which is square at one end and circular at the other with a simple transition in between (the transition does not need to totally realistic ie no curved section along the transition needs to be included). How to actually join to two frames together...like what function do i use?? pls give advice!! Thank you!!

Advertisement
How I would do it is this:
First make sure you have the same number of vertices on the circle as the square (if you are using a circle and square).
This will allow you to draw a triangle strip (or quad, or triangles, whichever you like) between the two since there is a matching number of vertices on both ends of the tube. This will create a straight sided tube. It's simple but it will work I suppose!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!