• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
rHornbek

Flash for Games

This topic is 4436 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Just wanted to see what people think about using Flash for games. I know its used all over the net because its great for Websites and well its made for that. But i also know some people use Java etc. Now if im just making a game in general, something simple enough to be a flash game, would there be any programs better fit or is Flash a "great" tool? Hope my question makes sense im a little tired, thanks for the help.

Advertisement
I'd say that flash is great for simple games/programs. It's easy to learn and writing programs is going pretty fast. The downside with flash is its speed, so you don't want to write too heavy programs.

I don't know so much about other techniques for internet games, so I can't say anything about Java. Personally I stick to flash for those things.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!