• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
white skies

OpenGL TAO framework

This topic is 4519 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi there. I asked it once but didn't get any response so i'll try again:) I'm trying to use the TAO framework with c#. I draw a scene and want to change something and then redraw it, can anyone tell me how to do that? which event should i use (I'm using SimpleOpenGlControl)? working examples will be great! thanks [smile]

Advertisement
i heard the simpleopenglcontrol is buggy, it is not recommended to use it.

1. I found the method. it is called "draw()" ...

2. I want to use the C# GUI...
is there any other way?
what would you recommand? :)

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by white skies
1. I found the method. it is called "draw()" ...

2. I want to use the C# GUI...
is there any other way?
what would you recommand? :)

just simply not using it...there is no magic here. Look at ANY C++ example for creating a basic OpenGL window and you can just about use it for C# with some modifications obviously because you are using TAO. Most of the time its a matter of adding Gl. to the front of the OGL members but the steps involved are the exact same. Thats literally what I did. I took a C++ example and converted it to C#.

Create a window / form
Init OpenGL with that window / form
Draw stuff

Huzzah!

and as always, look at NEHE. Take his lesson 1...and he even has it in C# now, and modify as needed. :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!