3ds max char walk

Started by
4 comments, last by Jarrod1937 18 years ago
ive imported the counter strike model into 3ds max using the import tool someone wrote, its got bones already in there... is there a simple way to make the character walk and run? rather than manually moving all the limbs from frame to frame
Advertisement
If there were, there would be no need for animators, no? There is no easy way, character animation is as hard as it gets. To properly animate, you're either going to have to use Biped (and rerig) along with Footsteps to make a crappy walk cycle, or do it by hand and set up IK on your rig. I'm guessing you wont' know what either of those things are, so I'd suggest either researching them or giving up. Animation is not for the light-hearted.
-------------www.robg3d.com
makin a realistic animation isnt easy. the best way to do it is by having a special stuido with loads of cameras and stuff. but since we dont have those things at home we have to do it manually. try google for some free plugins
well there is motion capture, these days you cna actually rent this equipment, however... this can be a bit expensive still.
a little trick for hand animation is to record a video (with an actual video camera) of a person walking in place, then place this video on a plane and ressize it to match your bones. now each frame you know where to place everything. this takes forever but is the best way i've found without true motion capture.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert
:S

i have a model with bones and they're all attached, all i want to do i apply a pre made walk motion to it.

The Character Shop from the game creators can do this, and i costs 10 times less than 3ds max
Quote:Original post by rfterdarc
:S

i have a model with bones and they're all attached, all i want to do i apply a pre made walk motion to it.

The Character Shop from the game creators can do this, and i costs 10 times less than 3ds max

sorry but premade animations won't fly for too many things other than walking... and perhaps.... running... but when you actually need to do something semi-complicated premade stuff won't work. if you want to learn animation and not spend too much/anything then try anim8or which is free. give it a try.
-------------------------Only a fool claims himself an expert

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement