createfile

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 18 years ago
hi I am trying to download all files (jpeg images and avi/mpg movies) from a digital camera automatically with my application. Ideally, my application would be running and once it notices the usb camera has been plugged in, it grabs the files and saves them to folder on my hard drive. unfortunately, this specific camera it needs to work for is a canon powershot a410, which doesnt assign the camera a drive letter, but a port "\\.\Usbscan0" or 1 or 2, etc, depending on how many cameras are plugged in at the time. Of course I cannot just type \\.\usbscan0 in explorer (or pass that as a foldername in my application), because it is the port; so instead, I know I'll have to use CreateFile and all that fun. My question is, how do I grab all of the individual files stored, given the handle to the port returned by createfile?
"a low level aho master like you couldn't kill me even if I let you"
Advertisement
You'll most likely need to use the Canon provided SDK to do this:
http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SDKHomePageAct&keycode=Sdk_Lic&fcategoryid=320&modelid=10468&id=3464

Some subset of USB API might work as well.
Judging from the filename, the camera provides an image aquisition (scanner) interface, so you might need to check the twain interface standard. This way you can write a generic application (like gimp), that can read the pictures from any twain compatible digital camera. (or scanner)

Viktor

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement