Text is not showing at all

Started by
7 comments, last by lack the hack 18 years ago
I do not know why, but I have not seen any text using NeHe's 13 tutorial. Help?
.::WARNING!::. Axesor is a total newb or n00b! Beware his lack ofintellegence of OpenGL. Feel sorry for him and keep him in your thoughts.~Leader of the phsychoward
Advertisement
0)Do you get any error messages?
1)Do you have the "Courier New" font on your system? Maybe some program or what ever has damage the file??
2)Do you have any problems with other opengl applications specially other nehes samples?
It has all of it. That is why I have no idea why it is NOT working...
.::WARNING!::. Axesor is a total newb or n00b! Beware his lack ofintellegence of OpenGL. Feel sorry for him and keep him in your thoughts.~Leader of the phsychoward
I copied the hole text from lesson 13 ( in my programm, but I couldn´t see the text. After some tests I get that the text is very dark and on the black screen I couldn´t see it. After killing the line:

if (!LoadGLTextures()) //Jump To Texture Loading Routine
{
return FALSE; // If Texture Didn't Load Return FALSE
}

the problem with the text was fixed, but now the texture dont work.
maybe this ist the solution for your problem.
but I need help!: why the hell happens this?!

- are the texture dimentions powers of 2?
- do you have GL_TEXTURE_2D enabled?
- did you bind the texture?
- did you set texture coordinates?
- does glGetError() return somthing other than GL_NO_ERROR?
You've just commented out the LoadTextures function, what did you expect to happen? :)
Maybe I haven´t told my problem so well...

The textures work!
The text works!

But if I enable textures the Text have the wrong color. I tried to implement different types of color-commands (GLcolor3f for example), but the text is not effectedt by that.

I dont get any error-messages, but my text is difficult to read...

If you give me your email I can mail you my programtext and data.
Did you set glColor4f(1,1,1,1); just before rendering?
Put it at the top of the glPrint function.

allso disable lighting when drawing text, lighting is usuarly one of the major sources of rendering problems in opengl.
another thing that might cause that problem is your not disabling GL_TEXTURE_2D after your done with it. try something like this:
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);//call texture functions and bind texturesglDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);//now call other functionsglColor3f(1,0,0);glPrint("text");

I had the same problem, and it was just a matter of turning off GL_TEXTURE_2D, so try that.

--nathan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement