Sign in to follow this  

Tell me what you think

This topic is 4270 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I inquired about beginning to mod with half life 2 a couple of days ago and some of things I would need. So I went out and bought every thing I didn't have, mainly the game itself. So now I have a question, I want to make a mod, I am new to modding but have knowledge of programming C++ and want to create a demo mod to let a couple of companies see my experience, is this a good way to do it. Since I am new what do you think about this book I am going to purchase Mapping and Modding Half Life 2 Complete. Also I have the Torque Game Engine both 2D and 3D, would this be a better way.

What is your long term goal?

I'd go with HL2 unless you are already familiar with Torque and have content. The first barrier most people hit when making mods is a lack of textures/models/etc unless they happen to make them. ;)

This topic is 4270 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.