Sign in to follow this  
geekalert

VS6NCB's

Does anyone know how to make Visual Studio 6's AutoComplete database incorporate custom values? Like, everytime I include my own custom-made header file, it will not show the AutoComplete of it unless I open up that header, modifiy it, un-modifiy it, then save it.

Autocomplete should automatically read header files if you #include them from somewhere in your code. Also, make sure the header file itself is in your project as a file - sometimes in VS6 the autocomplete would "forget" files outside the actual project, with symptoms similar to what you're describing.

If all else fails, close the project and VS, delete the .NCB file, then reload the project and do a full clean rebuild. That usually gets autocomplete into sync with your files.

If it's an option, I'd recommend VS2005 (get Express if money is an issue) - the Intellisense features are vastly improved. I realize that may not be viable for everyone, though [smile]

Well, considering that I'm working on a really old laptop, VS2005 probably wouldn't run in the first place...

thanks anyway for your reply, though.