good older games?

Started by
27 comments, last by Aardvajk 18 years ago
LBreakout2.
Discordian, yo.
Advertisement
Diablo 1, Warcraft 1(maybe, DOS I think)2, and 3(if it can run), Starcraft(Do you see my blizzard fanboyism?)
Quote:Original post by Dave
Quote:Original post by Yann L
DeusEx DeusEx DeusEx DeusEx DeusEx...

Did I mention DeusEx ?

I'm glad someone agrees. I see very few supporters of the game. For me, it is still the best game ever.

Dave

Best game. Ever.
System Shock 1&2
Warcraft2
Darwinia
Unreal Tournament
Descent
X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter
Worms
MS Solitaire
----------------------#include "signature.h"
Deus Ex

It is the best game ever. Due to this me and Daedalus have just started Hot-seat-playing it and we have already discovered new stuff on the first island. I dunno how many times we have completed it between us.

The music still gives me the shivers.

Dave
System Shock 2
Diablo 1 & 2
Baldurs Gate 1 & 2
Icewind Dale 1 & 2
Quake 2
And just about any Console ROM out there you may enjoy(My favorites being Gunstar Heroes for Sega Genesis, and Alien Soldier for Sega Genesis)
We'll bring your children up in the classic English manner, by making them learn latin, and beating them half to death in a single sex environment.
I've recently discovered OpenTTD. A lazy copy-paste from their about page:

OpenTTD is a clone of the Microprose game "Transport Tycoon Deluxe", a popular game originally written by Chris Sawyer. It attempts to mimic the original game as closely as possible while extending it with new features.

Its sucked me right in, but more to the point, it will certainly run on the hardware you described. The only downside is you need the graphics files from the origional, which I am sure you can easily find.
Solitaire and PingPong the most played games :P

ahem well did someone say Commando, Now thats a classic
Others are : Dave and Mario Forever is still available on net and I play it sometimes.
Mario Forever (@English also available:) http://www.buzg.prv.pl/

"Well we really need to talk,better order some beer.. make it two ..cause..its a long story!"
Ahh Classic Games :)

Got a Game? Get Reviews and Links.Free and Honest Publicity never Hurts!ITnauts.com

I've got a 450mhz with a 16meg graphics card and can quite cheerfully play:

Deus Ex
Thief 1 and 2
Grand Theft Auto 3
Hitman Codename 47

I was blown away by how well GTA3 plays on my poor old antique. Don't believe everything it says on the box.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement