• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Anonymous Poster

Has anyone been able to use OpenGL with DJGPP?

This topic is 7047 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Why not ALLEGRO?
works fine for me!!!!!
and you get a lot more than just graphics.

------------------
Programming is an art

Advertisement
Uhh... Fine, Aries. Everyone knows that Allegro is a great library. I think I better let you know that it doesn't do everything though. It does do very basic 3D graphics, but it's hardly a 3D API.

I know that people have managed to get OpenGL to work with DJGPP (through MESA). I haven't tried though. Try asking on comp.os.msdos.djgpp

------------------
=> Arfa <=

[This message has been edited by Arfa (edited September 02, 1999).]

Guest Anonymous Poster
I've been looking for a way to use OpenGL whith DJGPP. I've tried to use mesa but I couldn't get it to work.

If anyone one has gotten OpenGL to work with DJGPP please let me know how to do it. Please give me as much info on how to do it as possible because i don't know much about compiling libraries or how to use makefiles.

Thank you,
Mike

I think djgpp doesn't support loading of dynamic libraries.
So you might have to compile mesa with djgpp as a static library(.a) and link it statically to your program.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!