Sign in to follow this  

Gaming Servers + Accounts

This topic is 4273 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I am in the process of making a new 2d side scrolling game. I have completed the research phase and are beginning the digital design phase. I am not a newbie at game programming however are new to the multiplayer side. I am interested to see if you have to make the servers before you begin coding the game or you can do it any way round. Any way is fine however i require some aid on creating the three servers i am after. They should evidently be able to hold around 2000-5000 players each and be able to cope with easy updates and patches. Money is also no problem. Also i am still quite a newbie reguarding accounts, registering, validating, and loging in. Plz post with personal help or guides that can help me with this. Thanx

Hi,

can you give some rough sketch of your game (I'm also working on a 2D side scroller), what the multiplayer is like, how a sidescroller would be played with 2000+ players etc.
Please tell us more, I'm very interested and might even help out, however with so little information I can't guess what you need.

This topic is 4273 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.