Sign in to follow this  
kunitoki

compiler warnings

i've registered a lot of functions that works with floats (cause my objects use floats and not doubles in the cases where rounding errors can be forgotten). when i write scripts i come up with a lot of warnings stating that there is a loss of precision in doing a double to float conversion. there is the possibility to turn off some of the compiler warnings ? would be gr8 to have some functions in the script engine to turn off or on some or all warning messages. i know i can filter them in the output stream, but then i've to filter out string something like "if(errorString.contains('Warning')) return;", and i don't like this type of approach. p.s. wip 4 has extremely useful functions... keep up the good work !

I've been thinking about this lately, and I think I'll implement some way of turning off the warnings. At least through a compile time flag. Later on I may allow a more dynamic way of doing it.

gr8 thanx ;)
maybe would be a useful (and easy) change to have the compiler output stream to take also the code of the error/warning besides the string, so the caller could filter errors and warning differently... maybe...