Need help on DirectX Programming

Started by
18 comments, last by Dave Hunt 18 years ago
I'm a newbie in game programming and also interested in DirectX (Direct3D, DirectSound,etc.). Please help me.
Advertisement
What exactly do you need help with? Do you have any specific questions that you would like answered? Are you looking for some introduction to game programming/DirectX in general?

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

Well you said you need help, and your in the right place.

What I would do is start looking around the site, look at the forums, look at the articles section. There is definatly enough to get you started there.

Then come back when you don't understand something to get help with it. There are many useful and helpful people here, but they can't really help unless it is something specific.

The best place to start would be the MSDN Library. You might also want to consider picking up a book on the subject (just search amazon.com for "DirectX").
------------------------------Support the Blue Skies in Games Campaign!A blog... of sorts.As a general rule, if you don't have a general rule in your signature, you aren't as awesome as someone who does. General rules roxor teh big one one ones.
Look out for "Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 9.0c: A Shader Approach" by Frank Luna this is the 2nd edition of the book and is due out April - May this year. Um don't get the first edition one which is already out, this onw will be using shaders.
I'm having trouble with creating D3D devices. It usually throws an exception when I'm trying to create one. And what is D3DPresentParameter structure? How could I fill it?
Quote:Original post by Noname266
I'm having trouble with creating D3D devices. It usually throws an exception when I'm trying to create one. And what is D3DPresentParameter structure? How could I fill it?

Check the tutorials included with the SDK. They show how to create the device.
I'm using a dial-up connection and about 300MB of DXSDK is too big for me to download.
Quote:Original post by Noname266
I'm using a dial-up connection and about 300MB of DXSDK is too big for me to download.

The tutorials are available on-line at MSDN. However, you aren't going to be doing much DirectX programming without the SDK. You can request a copy from Microsoft on CD for a nominal fee.
How could I request a CD from Microsoft?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement