Getting into 3D

Started by
4 comments, last by Jemburula 18 years ago
I know, you must be thinking that this is the 100th post of its kind: some n00b that wants in on how to do something in 15 minutes that took you 15 months to learn. I have but 3 magic questions: What's a good engine to start out on? What site/book would show me how to use the engine? Im not a total stranger to making games, but this is something I was never good at. Your help is always appreciated.
Well this sucks.
Advertisement
The faq will most certainly be of help.

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/showfaq.asp?forum_id=31
I'd suggest waiting on 3d and start learning 2d. When you get to 3d, you just add another dimension to x/y, and each takes time to learn with a bundle of games with new challanges. I would suggest taking the ladder up.
Definetly learn 2D before 3d.
Which software is best suitable for beginners??? I cant make out anything of 3ds max.
Quote:Original post by bhabanism
Which software is best suitable for beginners??? I cant make out anything of 3ds max.

Best idea would be to get someone who knows how to use it to come over and show you the basics, if that is not possible try some online tutorials. Just remember there is no definitive guide to creating awesome models... it's as much creativity and experimentation as any other art. Soon enough you'll get a feel for how it all works and be able to utilize each tool to create what you want to create. Just play.

bobohobo: I never have used an engine but just with any other decent project it should be documented fairly decently and if there is a big fanbase there are more than likely a few tutorials on how to use it too. Just find one and look on the website for pete's sake [smile] But definently get your programming skillz upto scratch first... even with 2D. It's too hard to start reading a 3D programming book whilst trying to figure out the code AS WELL as the concept/math the snippet is trying to teach you.

Goodluck *[grin]*
What we do in life... Echoes in eternity

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement