Sign in to follow this  
blanky

[MDX] Learning From Tutorials

Hello guys, I recently bought a book on C# from Deitel, put me back 60 dollars and I doubt I can get another book (On Managed DirectX) anytime soon, I'd also like (Man, I forgot his name) the book on Game Tool Developement, but anyways haha. I have seen a couple tutorial sites on MDX, but usually all of them use their own frameworks, such as the C-Unit framework, etc, this usually obscures the actual 'beef' from me as I don't intend on learning the framework and I might not even use it for my own doings. So I was wondering if you guys knew of any tutorial series that don't use a framework, a personalized one that is, instead, just uses DirectX/3D and whatever is already given, if that makes sense. I searched the FAQ with no success, if not then anything you guys could recommend I'd greatly appreciate, thanks guys.

mdxinfo and the Z Buffer seem to be the big players in the tutorials and general MDX resources. I'm sure there are others that people can point you to, but if you haven't looked through those (and followed any links to other sites) I recommend them.

hth
Jack

The tutorials that we provide on MDXInfo.com really try and bridge the gap where we have made the starter framework as small as possibly can be. This also enables the reader/tutorial user to understand how some elements are put together. Take a look at the tutorials. We really are looking forward to your comments.

I hope this helps.
Take care.

Kay thanks guys I'll check them out I thought there would be one that didn't require the use of a custom framework, but oh well I'll check those out thanks guys!

To be perfectly honest, you're better off learning from the documentation included with your SDK version than a tutorial. Tutorials pack things into nice lessons, but the docs are very comprehensive, and even include their own mini-tutorials and a framework if you want to make use of it (one for MDX and one for C++).