Deferred Shading Engine test

Started by
22 comments, last by Expandable 18 years ago
Hi, Could some of you test my deferred shading engine for me? Its needs a lot of work still but I just wanna make sure it runs on other graphics cards. It can be downloaded from here at the bottom of the page. I just need to know 1) Whether it runs 2) Whether or not it looks like it should 3) The frame rate and the specs of your machine. I wanna make sure that it runs basically before I continue adding to it. Cheers Luke. P.S. Needs OpenGL 2.0 support and floating point textures.
Member of the NeHe team.
Advertisement
It looked ok to me. It only ran at about 19fps though.

AMD64 3000+ @ 2.3Ghz
1GB RAM
ATI Raedon 9800 128Mb
It's nice !
85 fps (Refresh rate of my screen...)
Nvidia 6800 GS
Athlon 3200
I don't think it's working correctly for me.

It ran at constant 60FPS (Might have had v-sync switched on), but all I could see on the models appeared to be normal maps.

I could see what looked like a light moving around the room, but the textures applied to the surfaces were just the purply blue that normal maps are, they didn't change as the light moved at all.

My system:

Graphics : NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
1.5 GB RAM, 2.6 GHz HT Pentium 4.
Quote:Original post by weasalmongler
I don't think it's working correctly for me.

It ran at constant 60FPS (Might have had v-sync switched on), but all I could see on the models appeared to be normal maps.

I could see what looked like a light moving around the room, but the textures applied to the surfaces were just the purply blue that normal maps are, they didn't change as the light moved at all.

My system:

Graphics : NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GT 256MB
1.5 GB RAM, 2.6 GHz HT Pentium 4.

One of my friends has had the same problem...

I know the cause of it, but I dont know why its happening, in error.txt there should be a line saying that the variable normalMap cant be found. A call to glGetUniformLocation is failing, but I have absolutely NO idea why it would fail only on some computers. Any ideas?
Member of the NeHe team.
Well, it did not work for me. The log says:

Attempted addition of NULL font!
Window Initialised Successfully
YOUR CARD DOES NOT SUPPORT OPENGL 2.0! SORRY.

I have a Geforce 6200(*does* support OpenGL 2.0, at least according to the box), Pentium 4 3.0ghz, and 1 gig ram. I have the latest drivers for the graphics card.
Quote:Original post by Ezbez
Well, it did not work for me. The log says:

Attempted addition of NULL font!
Window Initialised Successfully
YOUR CARD DOES NOT SUPPORT OPENGL 2.0! SORRY.

I have a Geforce 6200(*does* support OpenGL 2.0, at least according to the box), Pentium 4 3.0ghz, and 1 gig ram. I have the latest drivers for the graphics card.

Now that is wierd...

this is the code that checks for OpenGL 2.0

if (!GLEW_VERSION_2_0)
{
MessageBox(NULL, "OpenGL 2.0 support IS REQUIRED!", "ERROR!", MB_OK);
MSG("YOUR CARD DOES NOT SUPPORT OPENGL 2.0! SORRY.");
return false;
}

so GLEW is saying that its not... i'll look into it.

Luke.
Member of the NeHe team.
The colors do not really look like in the video, but other than that, no problems. Steady 75 fps on A64 3500+, GF6800GT.
If you figure what was wrong out, give me a PM and I'll test it out.
Quote:
One of my friends has had the same problem...

I know the cause of it, but I dont know why its happening, in error.txt there should be a line saying that the variable normalMap cant be found. A call to glGetUniformLocation is failing, but I have absolutely NO idea why it would fail only on some computers. Any ideas?

Yeah, that's the error that I got in error.txt. Must be the same problem.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement