Sign in to follow this  
aviosity

Fullscreen problem - not whole screen

Howdy all, Rather noobish question, but I'm redeveloping my window manager system and just noticed that in this version, as well as all the previous ones, they have this particular trait when entering fullscreen. I use ChangeDisplaySettings to switch to a DEVMODE, passing it the CDS_FULLSCREEN flag. What ends up happening is this: if the resolution I pass in isn't the resolution my computer is running in when I run the program (say I'm running in 1280x800 at 32 bits per pixel and I switch to 1024x768 at 16 bits per pixel in my application), it enters fullscreen mode, but there are borders around the scene; in other words, the screen doesn't take up the whole screen, it takes up 1024x768 pixels in the native resolution of 1280x800. I don't know how to get around this; if anyone could help, I'd be grateful (or just tell me to deal with it). I can post my code if someone thinks it necessary, but I think the only relevant part is the ChangeDisplaySettings(&(currentDevMode),CDS_FULLSCREEN); that's the only part that changes the screen settings. Thanks a lot! Aviosity

Check your display driver settings. This is a common feature in newer video cards using flat panel displays, especially on laptops.

You can fix it by going into the BIOS settings.

When the computer's starting up, hit one of the f# keys (it depends on the computer - it'll tell you which key to press to alter the settings. This will be when the computer is first turning on, before the Windows logo appears).

One of the settings will be about screen-stretching or something. I'm sure you recognize it. Just change it to what you want.

Quote:
Original post by Gauvir_Mucca
You can fix it by going into the BIOS settings.

When the computer's starting up, hit one of the f# keys (it depends on the computer - it'll tell you which key to press to alter the settings. This will be when the computer is first turning on, before the Windows logo appears).

One of the settings will be about screen-stretching or something. I'm sure you recognize it. Just change it to what you want.

With my Toshiba Laptop (GForce GO 5700), the setting is in the display control panel in Windows.