OpenGL fonts

Started by
5 comments, last by kburkhart84 18 years ago
in everyone's opinion, which is the best OpenGL font library. i've come across 2 so far: FTGL, and GLF.
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
Advertisement
If you want a good library you should create your own. But the “Bitmap Font Generator” from AngelCode.com is a really good one.
There is Brad Fish's GLFont.
I just use fonts that are on the system with NEHE's code ideas. They work fine and do 3d fonts that get rotated and moved around in 3d. On my website(in my sig) I have my group of classes that include the code for the fonts if you want them. The code is pretty self-explanatory, but I'll explain it better if you want me too. It isn't bitmap fonts though, they are outline fonts.

well, one problem i've hit with some library is that they're propriotary to Windows.. i need a cross-platform library.
-------------------------Unless specified otherwise, my questions pertain:Windows Platform (with the mindset to keep things multi-platform as possible)C++Visual Studio 2008OpenGL with SFML
LMNOpc Bitmap Font Creator is another great applicationw which outputs bitmap font. You can then use something like the OpenGL Text Drawer class to output the bitmap fonts in OpenGL.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Quote:Original post by EvilKnuckles666
well, one problem i've hit with some library is that they're propriotary to Windows.. i need a cross-platform library.

Well, Sorry, you'll have to cross mine out. It uses windows wgl functions. You may end up with bitmap fonts. Rob suggested a couple of tools I've heard of before though I can't vouch how good they are.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement