MascotCapsule v3, Texture Color

Started by
4 comments, last by JohnLamock 18 years ago
Hi! Anyone knows how can I change the color of a texture on mascot capsule v3? Is it possible? Thank you!
Advertisement
I haven't done any programming for Mascot yet, but on theory aren't you supposed to like - change the color of the mesh material and then apply the texture blended ?

afaik (tho it's almost an year since i had the last experience with the mascot crap): you cant [wink]

mascot may only use textures stored as bitmap (bmp) files and you may load them as file or as a memory data (of course, using the bmp format). after the Texture object is created, you dont have acces to its internals, so problem solved (actually, not solved).

the best you can do is to store the bmp as an array, perform modifications on-the-fly over it, create the Texture object and use it. of course, this method assumes that you have plenty of memory (dont quite remember correctly, but on some phones that use the mascot api, you cant have textures of any sizes, but of power of 2 - and on some phone having a random size texture, that phone automagically converted it to a 256x256 texture), plenty of video memory and the phone is fast [wink]

it would be helpful to know what exactly you plan to do (rendering to texture, animated texture, erm...pixel shading?)
Hi!
Thanks for the answers!

I made a small particle emitter system, and it works on two different ways...
I can work with triangles with no texture or with quads with texture.
The system can change the color of the particles, so I want to change the color of the texture that I'm using on the quad.
I had made something like this using M3G, but i don't know how to do using mascot v3.

Thank you!
it's possible to hack, to a certain extent: store the texture of the particles along with a number of other textures, color-variations of the original. if the particle texture is small, you may stuff into a large texture enough color-variations to simulate the colored texture simulation you want. just a thought.
But if I do this way, I will be limmited to the previous colors and I can't do slow color variations, for exemple, go from color (0,0,0) to (255,0,0)...

But thanks for the ideia! :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement