Lua help

Started by
1 comment, last by GameDev.net 18 years ago
I'm trying to get LuaInterface to work with C#, and when i try to load the "luanet" module i get an error saying it cant be found. [C#] using System; using System.Collections.Generic; using System.Text; using LuaInterface; namespace GameEngine.LuaScript { public class GameScript { public Lua lua; public GameScript() { lua = new Lua(); lua.OpenBaseLib(); lua.OpenStringLib(); lua.OpenIOLib(); lua.OpenLoadLib(); lua.DoFile("startup.lua"); } } } [startup.lua] require "compat-5.1.lua" require "luanet" luanet.load_assembly("GameEngine.UI") Window = import_type("GameEngine.UI.UI_Window") win1 = Window() i have placed luanet.dll in my working directory along with the script file and compat-5.1.lua. when i go to run my app, it throws an exception saying it cannot find module "luanet". Does anyone have any experience with Lua and C# that could help me out? thanks.
Advertisement
Hi! I'm having the exact same problem as you!

at first, I could not run any script that has -> require "compat-5.1.lua". It would always complain that it could not find that module.

compat-5.1.lua was already loaded through LUA_INIT. To run the samples provided in luainterface, I had to remove all require"compat-5.1.lua" statements.

After removing those statements, I could run all the samples through the standalone interpreter. i.e. run lua50.exe and manually typed in dofile"form.lua"

However when I tried to lua.DoFile("form.lua"); I get the problem of being unable to load "luanet" module just like you:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in LuaInterface.dll
Additional information: form.lua:1: could not load package `luanet' from path `c:\testproj\test\bin\Debug\?.lua'

no matter what path I set LUA_PATH and LUA_CPATH to, it always return the same error message. I'm suprised that it is ?.lua and not ?.dll too.

Any help is deeply appreciated.
oh... I've solved my problem... I had to remove -> require"luanet"
now it works in C#.. and yes the luanet.load_assembly() does work.

to get scripts to run by manual execution from lua50.exe:
remove all require "compat-5.1" statements

to get scripts to run in C# by calling DoFile("myscript.lua"); :
remove all require "compat-5.1" and require "luanet" statements

hope that solved your problem too

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement