I know it's been asked before...

Started by
1 comment, last by Fresh 23 years, 2 months ago
...but does directx 8 have all the directx7 interfaces? I''m still using dx5 and I thought it''s time I updated my engine. r. "The mere thought hadn''t even begun to speculate about the slightest possibility of traversing the eternal wasteland that is my mind..."
Advertisement
yep
If your using VB however you might run into problems mixing DirectDraw (DirectX7 only) and the DirectX8 interfaces for DirectSound, DirectPlay, etc. Haven''t tried mixing them up in C++ yet (all my code is still straight out DX7 or DX6), but I heard it works.
BetaShare - Run Your Beta Right!
Cool, but what''s this all about (from microsoft''s dx site):

DirectX 8.0 C++ SDK The C++ SDK (C++ Download below) is a subset of the full download focused on the C++ developer. It contains headers, libraries, documentation and samples for C++ developers. This is intended for developers solely interested in C++ development. Note: You will need to install the DirectX 8.0 Developer Runtime in order to run the executables or compile any developed applications within this SDK. 

Is the developer runtime any different from the runtime I have?
And if so, how does one develop for any other runtime, like the normal one?

"The mere thought hadn''t even begun to speculate about the slightest possibility of traversing the eternal wasteland that is my mind..."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement