Sign in to follow this  
pierre27

Online First person shooter

Hello Everyone, I have an amazing idea for 1st person online shooter game. To be exact something like Unreal Tournament 2004. But with alot of ideas and twists to it. Wanna develop it in C++ and the graphics want it to be like Final Fantasy. Any suggestions, and also if anyone is interested in making this game and graphics please let me know. Plus if you can suggest some codes and designs, so that i don't build the whole thing from scratch. Thank you

What would be helpful to save time would be an engine (most likely for rendering) with additional libraries for physics, networking, ect.

Try putting your feet on the ground. You need a team of at least 10 - 20 programmers and artists to make a game that aproaches a AAA title.
If you are a beginner and take the game development seriously, I'd recomend using C# instead of C++. It will help you see the result of your work much faster.

Also for almost anything that goes beyond a pong you'll need a team. Even if you're an experienced programmer and can make yourself the programming, you will need and artist for all the art work.

I know I need about 10 to 15 good people. But how many people want to help. I want to use something good for game. It has to be fast and for PC, since most people use their pc for online gaming, then we can port it to other consoles.
That is why I posted here, once we have those people we can start on the programming and graphics and bring everything together. Of course everyone would be partner and working together. It is the initial stage that is hard, so any help is welcome.

If your game plays somewhat like Unreal Tournament 2004, then I suggest creating your game as a mod to Unreal Tournament 2004. Start with the game; create a Mod; open it up in UnrealEd and create a level; write some scripts and entities.

Once the gameplay is right, start worrying about what the characters look like -- you'll need an artist (or more than one) who know how to create and animate characters, if you don't know how to do that yourself.

It is like unreal in terms of first shooter and online gaming. In really it has alot of things that those games are missing. Clans and characters with different weakness and strengths and groups vs groups. you have to read my game story then, you will fully understand my idea.

Thanks for the feedback.