Sign in to follow this  

This topic is 4271 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, my name is Jason. I'm a new member of the forum and currently working on a game project with some friends. We're making a java-based web game and I'm doing the sound and music for the game. Basically, I'm using garage band for making loops and protools recording sound effects. Does anyone have any tips for doing sound and music?

I realize that to answer that general of a question, you really need a book's worth of material to adequately respond to it. So, here ya go.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1578200830/sr=8-1/qid=1144303030/ref=sr_1_1/102-0154113-8929727?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Worth every penny.

Brian

I thought that book was more about the industry than tips on making your own music. It sounds like you need a book on audio engineering more than anything else.

I have a couple of good ones, but not with me, and I cannot remember the names...

So you just "have" ProTools lying around and want to know how to use it? I would go through the tutorials in Garageband first. Figure that out, then move on to something like PT.

Unfortunately, your question is a bit too general to really give you any useful advice. Marks book covers everything, industry and production tips. You should read it anyway.

This topic is 4271 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.