BSP Quake 2 Code

Started by
5 comments, last by Punika 23 years, 2 months ago
Hi TCS, i have some questions about the code. Why do you use the Display Lists for drawing? It does mean that you cannot use Culling Modes or? And will there be next versions of the code? Thanks Punika [ Power Productions ]
Punika
Advertisement
no you can''t cull with display lists. if you want you can always rewrite the code to use vertex arrays or compiled vertex arrays and put some culling code in there.

HHSDrum@yahoo.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
Are there any good Sites about Culling for BSP Tree? The tutorials from Mr-Gamemaker are at the Moment down so i can`t look at them...

Punika

[ Power Productions ]
Punika
I''m sure there''s something on Flipcode.com about culling with bsp trees.

HHSDrum@yahoo.com www.polarisoft.n3.net
My HomepageSome shoot to kill, others shoot to mame. I say clear the chamber and let the lord decide. - Reno 911
If you''re using a node-based BSP tree you can store the bounding box of each node''s subspace in your node structure, and then in your BSP walking function, add a check to see if the BB''s vertices are inside the frustum as explained in the following article :
http://www.markmorley.com/opengl/frustumculling.html

I do hope too the mr-gamemaker tutorials will be back soon!
Because this part of the code really sucks ;-(

Don''t think it''s good because it comes from me, it sucks !

You better use the build in BSP information from the BSP file and follow the advices from the other posters.

Tim

--------------------------
glvelocity.gamedev.net
www.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
Tim--------------------------glvelocity.gamedev.netwww.gamedev.net/hosted/glvelocity
Thanks for you replies

Punika

[ Power Productions ]
Punika

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement