Post-Build Event Error in VS 2005

Started by
1 comment, last by PrincessDaisy 18 years ago
I have just got hold of VS2005 professional for work, and I am in the process of converting my 2003 projects over. Everything has worked apart from a problem with the post -build events on some of the projects. In my main solution, I build a lib project, dll project and exe project. Each project has a post-build event. The lib and dll projects are meant to copy the lib/dll to a given folder, and the exe is meant to copy the dll from the dll folder to its root folder. Unfortunatly, only the lib one works. The dll and exe projects don't even attempt to run the command (they do not display the Performing Post-Build Event... text in the output window), yet it works fine if I add commands to the Pre-Build event. The commands are very simple...

copy    release\libEngine.dll ..\..\..\..\dll
copy    ..\..\dll\libEngine.dll *
The commands work perfectly in VS 2003, and work perfectly for the lib project. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Thanks Daisy
What is that supposed to do? That's not valid syntax for the copy command as far as I know.

Having said that, VC should still try to execute the post-build event. It works fine for my DLL projects :/
Quote:Original post by Evil Steve
copy ..\..\dll\libEngine.dll *
What is that supposed to do? That's not valid syntax for the copy command as far as I know.

It just copies the file libEngine.dll to the root directory of the project. It might not be valid syntax, but it works fine in vs7.1.

Daisy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement