First person online game

Started by
6 comments, last by Tradone 18 years ago
Hello everyone, I posted something before in gaming, but I think they told me to post here no reason given. I am looking for 12 people that are good with game programming and graphics, my idea is an online game like Unreal Tournament 2004. But there are many twists and ideas to it that makes it stand out. For example, each is Character belongs to a group and has a weakness and strenghth. If interested please let me know. Thanks
Advertisement
You should ask a mod to move this to the 'Help Wanted' forums. Sounds like a good idea though. Good Luck.
Quote:I posted something before in gaming, but I think they told me to post here no reason given.
I am looking for 12 people that are good with game programming and graphics, my idea is an online game like Unreal Tournament 2004. But there are many twists and ideas to it that makes it stand out. For example, each is Character belongs to a group and has a weakness and strenghth.
If interested please let me know.

First of all, this seems more like a Help Wanted topic, because you are looking for people to help you out.

Secondly, it is very unlikely that people will just jump on board to help you make you "Unreal Tournament" game. People have their own ideas, so why would they drop them to come make yours? If you really want them to help you, you must give them reasons other than "there are many twists and ideas that make it stand out".

Third, Unreal Tournament takes many skilled people with a huge budget a long time to make. It is highly doubtful that you will be able to make such a game, which will also turn people off. You should look at making a smaller, more manageable game such as tetris or pong before you start looking to make huge online shooter games.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
I agree it takes too long. But we are starting with small parts and building it, like one map and a few charcters, to test and so on. plus letting people try it and so on. till we get the actually thing. Plus moved it to help section,

thank you
If you created a new post in the Help Wanted section, then you can delete this post by clicking "edit" on the original post, checking the "delete this post" box, and then clicking "make modifications"
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Tried to delete it, but it says i am not allowed.

Thanks
you can't delete it b/c your ratings are too low
you can't delete it b/c your ratings are too low

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement