• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Unity My game wont render while using DevPartner profiler

This topic is 4343 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

To get things started, I am using Visual Studios 2003 (build 3088) and DevPartner Profiler Community Edition. My graphics are being rendered through ClanLib. So I have installed the DevPartner which integrated with my VS environment without a hitch. I went through the docs and set things up, as far as I know, it works (I am using good old unmanaged C++). I tested it with a regular console application and it generated results like it's supposed to. Now for the problem, I do the same for my game application and when it runs, all I get is my window with a WHITE SCREEN where all the graphics should be. The interesting thing, is that the game is STILL RUNNING just fine. I confirmed this by switching to debug mode, it goes through my game loop and all my input still works. Afterwards, it does generate the .dpsession and I can look through how much time was spent on every line and all that good stuff, but not being able to view the game prevents me from getting actual game run simulations. ClanLib does it's rendering through OpenGL, maybe it's related to that. I have the /MT (multithreaded library) thing set because ClanLib requires it, maybe related as well? It's just really strange that everything works, except it doesnt actually draw anything to the window. I even tried running the .exe (after it's been instrumented, and I know because it's a larger filesize), and it does the white window as well, and just generates a .dpsession file in the same directory when I exit. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I'm hoping I just missed a setting somewhere that I dont know about. PS: It's scary how the code that I did get to profile spent 89% of the time on font draw call :P

Advertisement
Is nobody familiar with this problem? I tried recompiling all of ClanLib with instrumenting all their source, but it still ended up giving me the white screen so that wasnt it. I just dont get it.

Hmm...I'm using the trial of v8 with VS2005 and directX and it works fine, although this doesn't really help you :P

I would suggest emailing their tech support. They are absolutely fantastic. They helped me with all my issues, and that was just for the demo!!

I can confirm that it doesn't work, but unfortunately have no solution for this...

(I haven't tried that: Link)

That link has lead me to a solution without having to contact support. I went into the DevPartner options, went to exclusions, and added opengl32.dll from my C:/windows/system32.

Everything appears to be working like a charm! Thanks :)

Edit: While the profiling works through my VC++ IDE, if I try to run the app through the .exe manually in explorer that has been built/instrumented, it will still white-screen. I can live with it.

[Edited by - Necrosis on April 6, 2006 3:05:19 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement
  • Advertisement
  • Popular Tags

• Advertisement
  • Popular Now

• Similar Content

• By revolverolver
      Aloha,
      First time working in 3D. Not as difficult as I thought it would be although I am pretty much a complete beginner in Blender. I chose the low poly style because I like how it looks and it is a lot easier than trying to make it look realistic.
      The gameplay is pretty much all physics driven which makes it feel satisfying to play. If it looks any fun then please check it out. I could really use a review or two.
      Here are some promo codes so that you don't have to pay a dime to download it: 
      PJW7MTMWL3W3
      A4JLYRPTXMJH
      AXRKPMAT7AAY
      YMFJPTPJ9EX3
      JY3W6FNKTM6L

App store link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flip-trickster/id1351027839?l=en&mt=8

• By Innoc uous
      I'm working on a space game, and I suck at art. I would love to get some help from someone who is more skilled than me. Things I need include modular space ship parts and GUI elements. Nothing too fancy, just functional so I can get a prototype put together. This could potentially become a serious project, but for now this is just a hobby project.

In this video, you can see a few things I already completed
      :2018-02-24 20-08-13.flv2018-02-24 20-08-13.flv
    • By Innoc uous
      If you want to incorporate noise into your shaders, the Turbulance Library has you covered. Using code I gathered from this library, I made a cginc file that contains all you need to easily implement noise into your unity shaders. Who knows how this stuff works, but man, does it work well!

https://pastebin.com/LLCUpJut

Here is an example of what you can create using these noise functions.

• By Nio Martinez
      I'll be buying a new laptop as my workstation for building games, Mostly 3D but not hard core. 

I'm stuck at choosing between these 2 specs below. Does this really matter and if so, can some one tell my how and why it matters. 
      Choice1:
      Intel core i5-8250U (8th gen Kabylake refresh)(6 MB Smart Cache, 1.6 GHz Base with Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz) 4 cores 8 threads
      RAM 8 GB DDR4 (2400 MHz)
      GPU 2 GB DDR5 Nvidia MX150 256 bit
      SSD: yes
      Choice2:
      Intel core i7-7500U 2.70GHz Base Processor (4M Cache, up to 3.50 GHz Boost) 2 Cores, 4 Threads
      RAM 4 GB DDR4 (1800 MHz)
      GPU 2 GB DDR5 Nvidia GeForce 940MX 256 bit
      SSD: No

• By Manuel Berger
      Hello fellow devs!
      Once again I started working on an 2D adventure game and right now I'm doing the character-movement/animation. I'm not a big math guy and I was happy about my solution, but soon I realized that it's flawed.
      My player has 5 walking-animations, mirrored for the left side: up, upright, right, downright, down. With the atan2 function I get the angle between player and destination. To get an index from 0 to 4, I divide PI by 5 and see how many times it goes into the player-destination angle.

In Pseudo-Code:
      angle = atan2(destination.x - player.x, destination.y - player.y) //swapped y and x to get mirrored angle around the y axis
      index = (int) (angle / (PI / 5));
      PlayAnimation(index); //0 = up, 1 = up_right, 2 = right, 3 = down_right, 4 = down

Besides the fact that when angle is equal to PI it produces an index of 5, this works like a charm. Or at least I thought so at first. When I tested it, I realized that the up and down animation is playing more often than the others, which is pretty logical, since they have double the angle.

What I'm trying to achieve is something like this, but with equal angles, so that up and down has the same range as all other directions.

I can't get my head around it. Any suggestions? Is the whole approach doomed?

Thank you in advance for any input!

• Advertisement