game Xye 0.6 feedback wanted

Started by
6 comments, last by BigFreak 18 years ago
It is version 0.6.2 of my WIP game Xye, it is a new edition of the classic Kye with more objects and level editing options.
  • Can play .kye levels
  • Plenty of new objects
  • new XML based level format
  • Uses SDL so it works on win32 and linux
Download http://xye.sourceforge.net Need Linux testers and feeback/criticism is welcome
------ XYE - A new edition of the classic Kye
Advertisement
The Xyegui.exe loads ok but when I try to open any of the files listed, I get a very helpful message box with "A" as a title and "C" as the body text. Then I get another message box that looks more "official" (.net framework?) that displays a file not found error.

I have extracted the zip before running it, of course.

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception : File not found
I'm running WINXP SP1 and I have the .NET framework 2.0
hmnn I probably included the wrong version of xyegui.exe try editing xyeconf.xml to let it use #browse# I think it is like that by default. Then use xye.exe directly.
Got the same errors as Vexorian. I remember playing Kye back on Win3.1. Good stuff.
You mean the same errors as Trillian? I updated the win32 zip file , should work correctly now.
Yer, sorry, that is indeed what I mean. Still having no joy though.
really? tried downloading the new file and it still doesn't work? It should work, if it doesn't then just use xye.exe and forget about xyegui

Edit: I am sorry, seems I had some huge 'issues' today, but it should work 100% fine by now. (Download it again please)

[Edited by - Vexorian on April 5, 2006 6:45:43 PM]
Awesome. All is well. Good stuff.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement